New single from
2013 CCMA Awards Nominee
From her album
“Halfway to Somewhere is all about seeing the brighter side! Instead of worrying why it isn’t all the way, it’s about finding joy in the journey and realizing that the best part can be in the process and the exciting possibility of an unknown destination. I love this song’s carefree energy of taking in every moment and being grateful for it. For me personally in my life right now, I truly feel like the road is where my heart belongs, connecting with music and people on an unforgettable adventure. I had such a fun time writing this with my cowriter’s Ron Robinson and RyLee Madison and I hope it finds people with the urge to turn it up and sing along, wherever they are going!” – TENILLE
- Nominated for 2013 CCMA Award “Interactive Artist of the Year”!
- Tenille reached over 15,000 students & faculty and recognized 120 leaders (whose actions made a difference) in 13 weeks on the self-headlining “Play it Forward” Tour.
- Tenille honoured with the title of ambassador for The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
- Tim Horton Children’s Foundation chose Tenille’s “Dare To Be” to support with a video (coming late Summer 2013).
- “Dear Heart” music video on The Family Channel & YTV.
- ‘LIGHT’ reached #3 on the top albums chart week of release on iTunes charts.
- Tenille’s annual concert fundraiser “Big Hearts For Big Kids” breaks record raising over $165,000 for the Grande Prairie Youth Emergency Shelter Society for a total of over $350,000 raised in 4 years!
- Recipient of both the Queen’s Gold & Diamond Jubilee Medals.
- 2012 Alberta’s Country Music Associations “Female Artist of the Year” (2nd year) & “Fan’s Choice” Award recipient (Presented in January 2013).
- Recently performed Saturday main stage at 2013 Big Valley Jamboree.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 11, 2013
Deric Ruttan, Jason McCoy, Victoria Banks,
The Jeffersons, Sean Hogan, Wyatt and Tenille.
“I am so excited to have this event back in our community supporting the GPYESS,” says Event Organizer and Founder, Tenille, “And I can’t wait for everyone to hear the entertainment coming!”
“My favorite part of this event is the way that people come together with their Big Hearts to help youth at risk of homelessness. Three years ago I was inspired to start this formal concert fundraiser in honour of the Sunrise House/Grande Prairie Youth Emergency Shelter after hearing about the positive difference they make in our community and how many youth right here at home turn to it.”
Big Hearts For Big Kids is a spectacular evening of country music and entertainment on Saturday February 23rd, 2013 at the TEC Centre. This 600 ticket event will feature the musical talents of Canadian Country Music Award Winning Artists in two intimate, personal Songwriter’s Circles followed by headliner Deric Ruttan. The evening will involve appetizers, raffle items, a silent auction, and live auction in an intimate setting with amazing artists!
Headline Sponsors this year include Caron Measurement and Controls and Canadian Tire.
Over the past 3 years, the event has raised over $194,000 thanks to Grande Prairie’s incredible support. The Grande Prairie Youth Emergency Shelter has been able to help more families in need of assistance as a result of the growing awareness.
Tickets go on sale Monday, January 14th at the Crystal Centre Box office.
Please call (780) 538-0387 or purchase online www.crystalcentre.com.
This event SELLS OUT each year and limited tickets are available so hurry!
For more information, contact Tenille at (780) 518-5252, OR Tanya Wald, Executive Director of the Sunrise House at (780) 539-3287.
You can also visit http://www.tenille.ca/bigheartsforbigkids2013